John Wepner sees clients at his office in Hickory, NC. He previously co-operated The Wepner Wellness Center in Newton, NC for eight years and saw clients in the Lake Norman/Huntersville area once a week for many years.
John has been passionate about health in the body, mind, and emotions since he was a teenager. He began reading books on health and healing at age sixteen. Over the years he studied and practiced massage therapy, craniosacral therapy, intuitive modalities, and body-mind trainings all of which fueled his growing passion to become a psychotherapist. John completed his Masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling in 2020 and is excited to have a platform that culminates all his years of experience and training in the healing arts.
John knows that we all deal with conscious and unconscious trouble in many areas of our lives that effect the body and mind. He believes in the power and wisdom of our bodies' and mind's ability to heal itself. He has cultivated his work to assist clients in becoming more aware and self-responsible for their life in compassionate and honest ways. He helps clients looks towards the deeper levels of the body and psyche in helping to understand, feel, accept, and heal from the physical, mental, and emotional challenges we face.
Through his many years of training, continued development, and experience working with a diverse range of clients; he strives to assist people towards a state of embodied vitality.
John's credentials include:
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, from Lenoir-Rhyne University, 2020.
- B.S. in Health Promotion, from Appalachian State University (ASU), 2017.
- Group facilitator with the Heros Journey Foundation since 2011.
- Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist in North Carolina, 2012-2020.
- Faculty – Teacher, Barbara Brennan School of Healing, Miami & Ft Lauderdale, FL, 2011 – 2016.
- Pathwork Helper, Mid-Atlantic Pathwork, 2012.